Gianni De Stefani
- Swiss swimming and Aquafitness instructor
- Sport teacher instructor
- Studies in physiotherapy
- Swim teacher for babies
- Trainer of OBA (Oceanic Bodywork Aqua) 1 - 2 and 3
- Trainer of Watsu Basic, Watsu 1, Watsu 2, Watsu 3, Meditation for Watsu, Adapted Watsu, Ai-Chi, Watsu for Babies
- Trainer Anatomy for Aquatic Bodyworker
- Certified Aquatic Bodyworker
- Trainer of WOGA Water Yoga
- Tantsu and Ayurvedic Marma Massage
- Swiss Olympic Certified Adult Pedagogical Teacher
- Aquatic Sport Professor
I synthesize my own personal program which includes different techniques such as Eutonie in water, Oceanic Bodywork Aqua, Watsu, Woga (yoga in the water), Ai Chi and aquatic work for pregnant women. As founder of the Watsu IndiaTM - Institute for Aquatic Bodywork India, my aim is to spread this beautiful water work in India and all over the world.
- Teacher: Liquid Flow, Watsu 1, Woga 1-2, Ai Chi, Watsu & Meditation, Watsu & Breathing
- Practitioner: WATA
- Student of: Oceanic Bodywork Aqua, Dolphin Dance, Healing Dance, Prenatal Journey
- The Journey accredited practitioner
- Reconnective Healing & The Reconnection practitioner
- Laughter Yoga teacher
- Women’s group Facilitator (by Awakening Women Institute)
- Facilitator of Dance Space
– Nonviolent communication, Reiki level 2, Thai Yoga massage, Lomi-Lomi, Ayurvedic massage, Clinical Hypnotherapy (5 levels), Drunvalo’s School of Remembering
I was born in Slovenia. Looking for deeper meaning in life, brought me to the International Township of Auroville, South India, where I live since 1991 and became a mother in 1992.
Since my late teens, I have been learning and growing through body work, movement exploration & meditation. I got deeply connected and active with the beauty and possibilities of growth and connections through water work, since 2001.
I believe that we people are very much into doing, not taking enough time for being. This is why I am attempting to create spaces on land (Dance space, Women Temple…) and in water for others and myself to simply be and deepen and unfold moment to moment, being again and again touched by witnessing the openings and transformation through which we move in such intimate spaces...
I feel grateful that my work and what I love are one...
- Primary and Secondary school teacher
- Physical Education teacher
- Body Centered Psychotherapist IKP
- Body Centered Breath Therapist IKP
- WATSU®, WATA® and Liquid Flow Practitioner
- Certified Aquatic Bodyworker
- Teacher of Liquid Flow Basic and Essence
After spending the first 45 years of my life in Switzerland, being mainly a teacher and during the last 10 years also an aquatic bodyworker, love and life brought me to Auroville, the international township in South India.
Since the very first time I came to Auroville, I was offering water sessions at Quiet Healing Center and for some time also exploring the possibilities of work in the water with physically and mentally disabled village children.
Together with Dariya we are in the process of developing and teaching “our own” form of bodywork in water called Liquid Flow Basic and Essence (intermediate).
I am happy to share the activity I love the most as my daily work. It makes me deeply grateful and gives me a feeling of coming home.
- WABA teacher - Watsu basic
- WOGA 1+2 teacher
- Waterdance Practitioner
- OBA introduction teacher
I discovered my love for the waterwork in 2001 after coming to live in Auroville in 2000. Since then I participated in many Watsu, Wata and Aquawellness courses in India and started to offer water sessions at Quiet Healing Center in 2007.
Being a qualified practicing acupuncturist, a yoga teacher and an ardent student of meditation, the water work feels like the joyful merging of all the qualities I deeply wish to generate. Openness, generosity of the heart, being, flowing, joy...
WABA Instructor for Watsu Basic, Watsu 1, watsu & breathing as well as Tantsu (land work) WaterDance practitioner, he is specialized in working with pregnant women (and their partner).